Skip to main content

Alcoves Of People & KL

I forgot how tempting shopping can be. Especially when you're broke.

Yesterday I went out with the one and only Melissa Victor. It was nice because for a change, I went out with somebody I have never went out with. It was like a new experience. We went to Times Square where she showed me that even though the shop displays a lot of cheesy clothes in front, the treasures of fashion are usually hidden inside the shop.

We went from one shop to another, we were literally drowning in colourful fabric. In one of the shops, I literally went crazy inside when I got to the sweater rack. Even though there was a gorgeous purple sweater that I wanted, I didn't buy it due to my lack of money.

Mel bought a purple dress which she already has at home but in a different colour. Seriously, I have never own 2 identical dresses in 2 different colours. Well Mel finally had her taste. She then bought some more clothes including this awesome green bohomien inspired skirt.

After invading 2 floors we decided to grab some food. Mel took me to an adorable little cafe located in the depths of Times Square called Gasoline. It looked like place where you can bring your boyfriend, make out inside the private booth and never get caught. That was how private the place was.

We sat in our little 'room' , covered with curtains to block us from the other people as we sat down on cute cushions. Yes no chairs, we sat on the floor. Very japanese style ya know. Mel ordered her odd combination of fried rice with mushroom soup while I had an also unusual concoction of orange juice and chocolate.

We talked and discussed about a lot of stuff. Some turn out to be very interesting and I got to know Mel in a more in depth way. A conversations between CBNers would not be complete without smack talking and gossiping around, right? So we both hade a heafty dose of that. We laughed through most of it, calling certain unlucky schoolmates crazy.

Oh yeah Mel, the name of that mental illness is pseudologia fantastica.

Afterwards we continued our journey through the bargain fashion jungle. Mel was looking for a black bolero while I was searching for a beanie beret hat. The search for my hat was a failure but I knew somehow I would be able to find the hat at Times Square. If only I had more time.

I had to leave early due to my hair appointment at my mum's saloon. So I wet off and head on to Wisma Central next to KLCC in the drizzling weather so I could get rid of my annoying split ends. I only trimmed a bit off and got a side fringe. But this morning I hated my fringe so much I chopped it off into a straight bang.

After getting my hair done, Nurul arrived. She's sleeping over for some nights. It's fun to have someone like her around.

Overall I had loads of fun with Mel. Maybe you guys should try going out with someone you never went out with, you know, some random friend. So I want to thank you Melissa Victor for filling my Friday with new fashion ideas, laughter and fun.

Chou

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busted!

School is over! Whats the problem? I got news from my sister that our prom which was held last year was discovered by the school authorities. Our principle announced it during assembly. She said that if we were to plan a party, we should do it together with the school. Then she said that the last school she became principle at, they had their prom with the school's help. It was an all girls school and they had the prom without any boys. Where's the fun in that? Boring gila sial! Plus all of us has finished school, we're not bounded to them anymore. So the party has nothing to do with the school. Its a party for studenta who left the school that year. Seriously, if we had the prom with the school's knowing, it would be a disaster . All we do is sit down and eat. No DJ, no performances, no Bunkface . Plus think of all the rules. Our dresses must be decent which means no sleeveless and nothing above the knee. Baik pakai baju kurung je! God the whole point of doing prom wi...

Breezy Island Getaway

At first I assumed that our trip to Penang would be simple. Honestly, I wasn't even looking forward to it but in the end I did enjoy myself. I thought we were staying in the city but it turned out we stayed at Batu Ferringhi which is near the beach. I didn't get to swim cause I didn't bring a swimsuit. I haven't been to Penang for years now and when I was there, I feel like I want to retire there. The atmosphere there is awesome. Its so laid back and carefree. I can see myself in a floral summer dress with my sunglasses and flip flops, wandering around the beach every morning. The night flea market there was so much fun. I wanted to buy this turqoise bracelet which is similar to the one Bella wore in twilight but it was too damn expensive. Sheesh.... When we were there, I thought I could leave all my KL problems for a while and just relax. Then my dad called and ruined everything. It seems like since SPM ended, he is always bringing me bad news. I'm effing annoyed ...

Simple to Sour ( A Fucked Up Birthday)

My grandparents screw up everything! They are toxic! FYI- I am currently crying and I'm too mad to hold back any tears. I don't care, all i wanna do is get this out. I'll call Nurul or Jasmin or Mia after this to let out my feelings. I don't expect anything extravagant from my grandparents. They are old and don't believe in celebrating birthdays. To them, it's just another normal day.  I was surprised when I came home to see my maid cooking my favorite kuih gulung and she said that my grandfather is at Nikko Hatel buying my birthday cake. So before dinner, my grandmother confronted me and asked me why didn't I tell her about my party this weekend. There are a few reasons why I didn't tell her: 1) I didn't bother because she's not gonna be there anyway 2) I am going to be with my dad that weekend so she doesn't have to worry about anything 3) I'm not using her money 4) Nothing would change if she did knew about it She was mad saying th...