So i'm turning 18 in the next 20 minutes or so. It makes me think of my whole life. I mean its been 18 freaking years. I don't feel old or anything. People might say that we're getting old. But I don't feel old. Not even a little. I don't have wrinkles, my hair is still black, I'm still a fast runner, my memory is still strong and I have a long journey ahead of me. So no, I'm not old.
16,18 and 21. Those are the crucial years. The ages of discovery as you might call it. It might also be the hardest years of our lives. But we all get through it. We always do. Honestly, after all the shit i've been through, I'm surprise I'm still sane. So yeah, I got through and i'm gonna do it again.
I'm currently listening to the "Story of my life" playlist. It contains songs that sort of mirror who I am or songs that have helped me through difficult times. But mostly these songs tell stories about the up and down, trials and tribulations of people today. They tell stories of pain, hope and belief. These songs are the reason why I'm still sane. Talk about music giving such a big impact on someone's life, huh?
Sometimes I believe that God speaks to me through music. I might not be the most religious person in the world and it might sound awfully odd but I do believe that God sends me messages through music. It's great cause it makes me believe that He's here and He's watching over me.
Taken: 16 April 2009 at 12.24am

I'm Shana. I'm 18 and I'm holding on.
Indulging in:
Comments