Shot a pointer straight to my heart that broke the Plexiglas backboard and
shook my whole court
shook my whole court
It was weird to me at first that I could have a great friendship with a very religious guy. We sort of shared many similar things and that made me push aside the fact that we come from totally different worlds. His is full of boundaries where he proudly stays on his side of field where I'm a rebel and I love to crossover the boundaries.
Now after a great 6 day friendship, he draws the line. He creates a new boundary in our friendship and strengthens it with religion. I get it, he need to take care of his squeaky clean image and sitting around with me in college would spark unwanted rumors.
But the burning question is why? Why open up to me in the first place when he knew that when we go back to college, he has to revert back to his religious in front me? Why give me the glimpse of the interesting side when he would not be able to show it to me when we get back?
If all he could do when we get back is to just wave at me from far, then whats the fucking point? That is not the friendhsip that I wanted. Its better if we just don't be friends. If there is no friendship anymore, he would be free to go on with life without seeing me and my controversial ways. It would be better but there is some part of me that wants to take his offer of being distant friends. Its like, even thought I don't get the whole thing, I still get to keep a small piece of our friendship.
The pain was unbearable because how could you just give up a friendship that strong?
Indulging my ears with: I just wanna live by Good Charlotte
Chou
Comments