Every word is a curse let loose on me
Your mouth it moves, but fails to speak
And when you use your lips they better be on me
Your mouth it moves, but fails to speak
And when you use your lips they better be on me
I stepped into Chilli's that evening with a feeling to eagerly get home. I looked like a bed head, with the dark circles under my eyes from the last nights sleeps deprivation. I sat at the bar, on those tall dark wood stools for the first time to order my food for dinner. After ordering 3 main courses, I took out a book I borrowed and started to read while waiting for my food.
As I sat there, by myself, at the bar, I noticed a couple of things during my occasional pauses from reading. I noticed the sign that said that they don't serve alcoholic drinks to anyone under 18. I noticed the many array of alcohol bottles arranged strategically for the convenience of the bartender. I noticed that I was the only teen at the bar. I even noticed the country music that was trying to pierce through the laughter and cheer of the restaurant.
For a moment I thought it was funny. Me sitting at a bar, reading a philosophical book while not indulging in any intoxicating beverages. It doesn't look like a scene someone my age would make at a bar. It made me want to come back some other time with a friend and do it the way we see on TV or read in books. You know, just for the fun of it. But in moderation, that is :)
![]() |
| Cocktails anyone? |
Indulging in the beats of : Bounce by The Cab
Chou
Chou

Comments