I love my kampung. My Kuala Lumpur.
So many people ask me, people who like don't know me that well or people who just wanna make conversation, "You tak balik kampung?". Answering "No" and that I spend my Raya days in KL made me think that I didn't have a kampung. And for a hint of second, a wave of sympathy ignites in their faces for me.
But when I think about it, Kuala Lumpur is my kampung. Yeah there are no cows, paddy fields, clean air and stilt houses. Its here in the form of every automotive land vehicle you can think of, elevated highways, humid polluted air and 3-storey bungalows. It doesn't have the typical things that make a kampung but nevertheless, I still considered it mine.
Out of my 19 year existence, I have spent 14 years here, in this wonderful city. Even though there is more gray than green, I love it nonetheless. Apart from my childhood town of Honolulu, it is my favorite city. And lets not deny how cool it is. If not, then why do you non-selangor people keep flocking here? :)
So have fun going back to the country side you call your kampung. Inhale the clean air and eat their fresh poultry. While I happily stay here in my concrete jungle I call home.
No sympathy required. Kan, Haris Hamzah? :D
Indulging in the beats of : Painting flowers by All Time Low
Chou
Comments