My raya was short and I like it that way :)
Others mostly blog about their trip back to their kampungs, visiting distant relatives, helping out with the raya delicacies while playing fire crackers with their cousins. Want to hear a story about an unconventional raya that city people like me do? Saddle up, bitches.
The night before Raya was spent scavenging through markets, finding last minute items in cheaper prices. I manage to find an awesome blue-gray see-through baju kurung to wear for my second day of Raya. Thanks to an added addition to my raya wardrobe, I went to sleep with a smile.
I woke up raya morning to an immediate shower and a 1/2 hour make up session. I ate my breakfast rendang while watching E News on TV. After picture taking, I head off to batu caves to meet my mum's family. We ate, took pictures and head off to my maktok's house.
All my cousins at maktok's house were gone when I arrived so after Rayaing with maktok, my sister and I crashed for a nap. By 6, the place was filled with people and Tiqa came. Eat, take pictures and then everyone went home.
Second day of Raya, we all woke up early but nobody came. So all of us took another nap until people started arriving at 12. By 3.30pm, Tess came and I let her eat my homemade roti jala. Then she, my sister and my cousin Aqil went to KLCC.
My sister and I reserved some speakers at the Ipod shop and since we had enough money to buy it, we took it without thought. Accomplishing buying speakers, we went for coffee at Starbucks and just hang. Tess went home by 6.30 and the 3 of us went shopping. We went to Banana Republic, Zara for Men, Gap and Mark's & Spencer to buy the perfect present for Aqil. He was there, trying on many different items of clothing but not knowing that we are buying it for him.
We bought an adorable navy sweater and gave it to him when he sent us home. He was surprised and it totally made my evening. That night, Tess called for a sleepover and I went. I hung out with her handsome men and we end up partying KL style till 5 in the morning. I could tell you more about this part, but its too good and too long to tell :P
The third day was spent hanging out at my my maktok's house, surfing the net and watching TV. There you go. My simple raya. Unconventional yet still memorable in may ways.
Indulging in the beats of : Say Aah by Trey Songz ft Fabulous
Chou


Comments