You’ve got every right
To a beautiful life
To a beautiful life
Ok since when did being in a relationship come with a price of being caged by your boyfriend? I didn’t get that memo when I started getting into boys and watched as the people around me step into the realm of relationship. I thought being in a relationship was about mutuality and excepting each other for their flaws and greatness.
But I have been meeting girls who are prohibited from doing certain things because their boyfriends said so. Like what the hell? They can’t dye their hair or wear a low slung shirt or go lepak with me during the wee hours of the night because their man forbids it. But what about the fact that it’s your hair, it’s your boobs and it’s your time that he has control over. We’re talking about stuff that belongs to you. I feel like they’re not appreciating the fact that a bajillion years ago, women fought for their rights and we’re just throwing it away like the twiggie wrappers after a snack.
I mean if he’s your husband and you’re bounded by matrimony, by all means, follow whatever he says. It’s your responsibility and it’s your job as a wife to listen to what he says. But currently, there is no piece of paper that bounds you to him so why are you agreeing to be caged. We’re still in our youths; we have so many shit to encounter and experience before we start thinking of emas kahwin and future babies.
It’s your body, your time and your rights. He shouldn’t be controlling you and you shouldn’t do the same to him.
Don’t you think that that slither of freedom, that piece of space that you have, gives you room to breathe in that relationship. It’s healthy. Well at least I think it is.
Maybe it’s just me who feels rimas when I have someone hanging over me 24/7. Some space gives me the opportunity to miss someone and to discover the reasons why I love that person. So when I do meet them, the love just burst out more satisfyingly. It doesn’t only apply in relationships but I practice it in friendships as well.
So while you’re sitting in that cage, ponder upon this.
Indulging in the beats of : Who says by Selena Gomez and the Scene
Chou
Comments
And its not just men, people should just STOP INTERFERING with other people's life and shut the hell up if its none of their shitty business.
Sorry for exploding in your blog Shane, I can't stand the stress already. People around me has been bossing around with other people's life and its bringing out the bitch in me.
I have no idea how you used to stand our shyt! You're one amazing soul to be able to do that.