I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
Cause you broke all your promises
Cause you broke all your promises
So people generally go through a rebellious phase. That phase is varied between people. It might be experimenting on your sexual orientation, starting to defy most of your parents’ wishes, not going to college or getting jiggy with every motherfucker you can tap.
I always thought that most people do it because they are trying to fill a hole inside of them. They do it because they wanna suppress the black hole that is sucking in all their sanity. So acting out is the best way from most people’s point of view.
But I realized that sometimes people do it because they are lost. There are all these principles in life and we here was is good and what is bad. But how do we actually know if its true unitl we try it out for ourselves. It's about learning our limits and seeing how strong or weak we can be. Rebellion is not done to go against our parents or the society. It's to go against ourselves in order to learn who we really are and who we can be.
As long as we can find our way back to the right path and know when to stop before it gets out of hand, I guess going through a rebellious phase is natural. Try imagining someone who doesn't go through it, all that uncertainty boiling up inside. Not letting it out somehow sounds dangerous.
As for me, I don't know whether I'm going through a rebellious phase. They say that you only know until it's over. Maybe I'll find out when its done.
Indulging in the beats of : Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri
Chou
Comments