There's nothing like love to pull you up
When you're lying down on the floor, babe
When you're lying down on the floor, babe
So this is gonna be a post seeded from anger and disappointment towards certain people. I've been judged many things in my life and I learned to brush them off because people say what they wanna say. But today I was judged for the first time for a new reason. Just because it was not said in a straight forward manner, does not mean I cannot read between the lines. I have learned that sometimes judgement comes from the way it is spoken instead of what is it spoken.
Yes I do go out a lot with my friends, partying, hanging out, have a few laughs. But that does not mean that I don't take my studies seriously. It does not mean that I live my life without direction or ambition. I don't talk about my studies as much, I don't go prancing around showing off my GPA and I don't repeatedly nag about how tiresome my assignments are. Technically that's just how I roll.
When a person automatically labels me stupid, superficial, a girl who lives her life with ignorance as she indulges in the finer things without an ounce of direction towards her future is something I can't tolerate. I grew up in a household where a bright future is something you don't play with and I went to a school where drive and ambition reek through the walls.
I've been thinking about my future career ever since I discovered my love for writing. It was one of those lucky moments where you uncover a talent, fall in love with it and know it can turn into a possibly bright career path. I took my necessary steps, speed bumps along the way and all but here I am now, majoring in something I'm passionate for in a place near home. Do you actually think I'm gonna waste that?
I live by the saying that one should study hard as well as play hard. Its obvious that I play hard and as hard as it is to believe, I study hard too. I do not need to show shallow people like you my GPA just to make you realize that I'm not some wild KL barbie with zero responsibility.
So think twice before you call someone stupid and irresponsible. Some people choose to keep their studies & problems private. Not every KL girl is an attention seeking whore. If you took the time to actually be a friend, maybe you'll actually see that people who play hard are human beings too.
Indulging in the beats of : Taking Chances by Celine Dion
Chou
Comments