When the daylight's fading
We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
So today I'm gonna express about a recent event that happened which surprised all especially myself. Most of you know, I'm comfortable in front of crowds, especially big ones. When you are trained to act cool and composed in front of people, it kinda sticks to you. This is especially good when it is used with the art of sophistry. What I generally call the art of crapping or what others call "menggoreng".
A couple of days ago, I with the help of some good friends, organized an intimate dinner for my tennis club. I was the president so I was running around everywhere making sure everyone was present and everything was in place. In the car while I was fastening my nude pumps, I realized I forgot one important thing, my speech.
I didn't write anything down or even prepare any short notes. I didn't even put any thought about it. I freaked for 3 minutes and realized that I got bigger things to worry about. So I brushed it off. When the MC announced my name to give the speech, surprisingly I wasn't shaking or even nervous.
Which was odd because even though I have talked in bigger crowds about even more important topics, I would always feel a little bit nervous. But I stepped up the podium, my hands weren't shaking and I took the time to look at everyone in front me, my whole tennis club.
I started talking, greeting the coach and my friends and before you know, I was giving a 5 minute speech. It just flowed out of my head like I already memorized it or something. I said all the important things, addressed how fortunate we are to have such a great coach and even erupted a few laughs.
I was in the zone. I guess I learned to never underestimate myself. Just because I haven't done it in a long time, doesn't mean that I lost all my skills. I guess you just gotta have faith :)
Indulging in the beats of : Chasing The Sun by The Wanted
Chou
Comments
Well I've always thought that you're a born speaker. Just in case you don't know how awesome you are, I kinda admire how you could just speak to random people comfortably.
You're good, get used to that fact.=D