I bought a new pair shoes
I got a new attitude when i walk
'Cause I'm so over you
And it's all about tonight
So due to the overwhelming response of my Raya In Style video, I was inspired to draw some Raya designs. I did not completely follow the current baju kurung trends that I mentioned in the video. I incorporated some elements like the color blocking trend and the unique sleeves. But mostly I put trends that I like and incorporated them in baju kurung form.
The first design I drew for a classy girl. The top is lace based and a corset with a peplum detail on the hips. I added a vertical line in the middle that extends down for a touch of that futuristic element. That shock of black kinda gives it some style with the traditional beige and light yellow.
The second design is a straight short top baju kurung with a peplum design on the hips as well as the sleeve. I used one solid colour and used a lighter shade of pink for the peplum as a contrast. Its a very sleek simple design made for a Malay version of Blair Waldorf.
The last one, I was inspired by a watermelon. Odd but the colors are beautiful to me. I used a striped bottom for a more elongated striking design with a simple kimono like design top. A slightly bat-winged sleeve for a little drama.
See? Traditional Malay baju kurungs can have a glamorous feel with the right color and style :)
Indulging in the beats of : All about tonight by Pixie Lott
Chou

Comments